Lt. Stevens Crew Memorial, Amilly-Ouerray, France
This is the memorial for the Lt. Stevens crew (322nd Squadron), which was inaugurated on 13 May 2012 in Amilly-Ouerray, France (about 5 Kilometers from Chartres, France). The B-17 was shot down 01 AUG 1944 on a mission to Chartres, France. The propeller blade attached to the wall is from the B-17. The propeller was initially found on a nearby farm after the crash and was kept by the farm owner since WWII. It was provided for this memorial. The family of crew member Thomas Minnick, III attended the inauguration of the memorial.
Photos provided by Jean Pierre (President, Forced Landing Association)
© COPYRIGHT 91STBOMBGROUP.COM